My finished Cyclocephalus! This is probably about 20 hours of stippling. Stippling makes me incredibly sick and dizzy. Worth the work though. I’m very proud! I’ve got two more congenital disease illustrations coming.
One will be Sirenomelus, a very rare lethal congenital anomaly caused by vascular defect and fusion of the lower extremities.
The other will be Spina bifida, a neural tube defect caused by the failure of a foetus’s spine to close properly in the first month of pregnancy, with a large spinal meningocele. (Protrusion of the membranes that cover the spine and part of the spinal cord through a bone defect in the vertebral column. MM is due to failure of closure during embryonic life of bottom end of the neural tube, the structure which gives rise to the central nervous system.)Posted 2 years ago with 21 notes
- bruised-scarred-broken likes this
- diana2345d likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- steflemoine likes this
- annie-tsp likes this
- depress0bean reblogged this from spacemanholden
- spacemanholden reblogged this from arteviscerale and added:
- spacemanholden likes this
- hotdurgers reblogged this from arteviscerale
- femmetje likes this
- arteviscerale posted this